22 February 2013

 
Tools of the Family Historian...
 
Researching my family ancestry has been a passion of mine for the last year or so.  Today, I used the snowy weather as an excuse to do a little research.  Oh wait, I don't need ANY kind of excuse to do family research. And I do some kind of research EVERY day. Each family I am researching has it's own notebook and now 3 ring binder.  Earlier this week I learned to read an old German script called Kurrent that has been used to keep records in Germany since the 1500's. By learning this I was able to decipher my great-great grandmother's maiden name on my great grandmother's  baptismal record.  She has been a total mystery for me.  I'm hoping this information helps me to find more information on her. I can trace my Dad's mother's family in Germany back to the late 1600's though.  If this job paid a little better, I'd gladly make it my full time profession.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

4 February 2013