24 May 2013

 
1881 Diary...
This diary belongs to my great-great grandmother Catherine Stickle Langdon. At the time she was living near Manchester, WI. She was 52 years old. Erwin, Herbert and Oscar are her children. Jennie is a hired helper.
Herbert is my great-grandfather.
 
November, Tuesday 22, 1881
Nice day. I washed and cleaned my bedroom. Erwin went to Randolph Station and to see Jennie. Herbert and Oscar brought in wood and piled it up and helped me some. Mr. S. Staples came here to see the lambs.
 
 
November, Wednesday 23, 1881
Cloudy and blowed quite hard and snowed some. I ironed and cleaned the middle room. Erwin went to town and Mrs. MacDonald's and got a quarter of beef. Herbert killed a turkey for dinner tomorrow. Mr. Walker came here tonight looking after some lambs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

4 February 2013