Day 3 -- Year Three (733)


 Church Records Found

As most of you know researching my family history is a passion of mine.  I've had these two documents for awhile now and finally took the time to photograph them.  They are extremely fragile and this is the only way I know to preserve them. The above record is missing the gold seal on the bottom of the document.

The top one is the marriage record of my paternal grandparents, Carl Albert Engel and Mabel Florence Winters.  They married on February 3rd, 1926.  Their witnesses were her brother and his sister who would marry each other in 1929.

Below is my paternal grandfather's confirmation record from 1912.  This record is in German. This document verifies his date of birth, January 10, 1898.  I also have a photo of my grandfather taken on his confirmation day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

4 February 2013

Sister's Choice