Day 193, Year 3 (923)


Lost in DNA...

Or just lost?  I love genealogy.  A couple of months ago I had my Dad donate a bit of DNA to be tested for ancestry.com.  Interesting results.  With these results I have made contact with a 2nd cousin and a 3rd cousin.  There are hundreds of matches.  The challenging part is doing the detective work to find the common ancestor.  

Then a few weeks ago I had my hubby give a donation as well.  His results were a bit surprising to me.  I'm not sure why but they were surprising.  The closest matches were 3rd cousins and only 3 of those.  For the past 3 days I have done nothing but research these people trying to find a common ancestor.  

One was quick and easy because they had the Chapman surname on their tree.  It was a great find for me because she was a lost soul on my tree.  I couldn't find her in any records once she was old enough to be married.  

Doing the DNA research also made me aware of a very big mistake in part of the family tree.  I think I know what the correct information should be but I just don't have the records to prove myself right.

Since I have been suffering from a bit of a headache for the past 5-6 days I have been told I need to unplug.  I think I will listen and do some crocheting or maybe watch a movie.  Not sure that would be staying unplugged or not.  ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissors

27 February 2013