How I Tricked Out My Ride! or Meet Funicello!

This evening was an awesome evening of creating.  There is nothing better than the eventual success of creating something. 

A few days ago I bought this wonderful 7 speed, fuchsia pink, beach cruiser bicycle.  I absolutely love her.  After pulling off all of the factory stickers she looked pretty but I knew she needed a bit more to live up to her name "Funicello".  

Funicello, you ask?  I wanted a 60's movie star name and settled on Funicello.  Annette was suggested but since I have a classmate by that name, I chose not to use it for fear of showing some sort of favoritism.  ha!

Okay, back to her cosmetic makeover.  I wanted her to look very beachy and wanted some fun flower decals.  I looked online for something but didn't have any luck.  So I turned to my trusty Silhouette paper cutter.  I found the exact flowers I wanted, did a bit of research and after a few misses on technique her she is all finished.

A basket will be added to the front.  I am waiting for fabric to come so I can make a fun lining for the basket.  More photos will have to follow?

There are captions under each photo so please (if you care to) read all the way to the end.  It is really a very nice story. 



Here is a full view of the side.  I added a bit of turquoise which I just love.  Seriously, I am overjoyed with how this turned out.  You would think I was a guy who just finished tricking out his hot rod. ha!



A picture of all the fun white flowers and a bit of the turquoise.




The fun chain guard.



And the back fender.  She will also have a pink flamingo tattoo on her backside.  I just ran out of steam and daylight.  I'll add a new photo of the tat when it is done.

So this is how I tricked out my ride.  I hope to get many, many miles on this beauty.

This is the kind of creating I like to do.  The stuff that makes me laugh, makes my hubby roll his eyes because it really isn't all that funny to him (which makes me laugh harder) and when the project is done it is something that is truly a reflection of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

4 February 2013