31 December 2013

 
Frozen Splendor...
 
 
 
For almost 40 years we have lived in the Minneapolis area and until today we had never seen Minnehaha Falls frozen.  It was breathtaking in more than one way. It was -2 degrees out there today.  The top photo was taken from above the falls.  The middle one was taken from the bottom after slipping and sliding down the stairs that were somewhat barricaded.  It probably meant we weren't suppose to go down there but... The final picture was taken just before we got back to our car, my hands were so frozen I could hardly switch the setting to black and white and push the button to take the photo.

Today is day 365 of my 365Project!  It has been an amazing journey.  The things I take with me from this project are numerous.  Here are a few:

-There is beauty in everything around us. 
-Take a deep breath and enjoy life.
-My photos showed others the beauty surrounding them.  I love how many people pointed out “photo ops” to me or sent me messages telling me they just saw the perfect thing for me to photograph.  Get your cameras out and take those photos.
-There are more good people in the world than bad.  I’ve only had one person react negatively about my project.  I was told I needed to be more humble and there were many better photographers than me.  This project has NEVER been about affirmation from others.  It was about taking a photo every day – good, bad or ugly and hopefully once in awhile a sensational one.
-The more you do something the better you get at it.  Practice does make perfect.  I am far from being a great photographer but I AM a better one today than I was 365 days ago. (:
-It is much easier to laugh at yourself then to be negative. I have learned to LOVE laughing at myself.  Life is so much better that way. 

As we move into 2014 I will continue this project.  I can’t imagine my life without a camera in my hand.  I plan to be a bit more organized, maybe.  And I WILL learn more about photography and my camera, maybe.  (:

I wish all of you a happy, prosperous 2014.  Life is short and it moves way too fast.  Take time to breathe deeply and just enjoy what surrounds you.  Be better and do better than last year and 2014 will be a success. Peace…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

4 February 2013