Day 40, Year 3 (760)


May never find my way out...

Two straight days of digging through online genealogy records.  Through all of my digging I have been unable to find much on my 2x great grandmother, Reka.  I have my great grandmother's baptismal record which shows Reka's maiden name and I've stood at her grave.  There is nothing before or in between. I can't find a marriage or death record for her. I know she was born in Germany but have no idea when she immigrated.  If she came by herself or did her entire family come to America?

Yesterday I stumbled across a couple of records that now has me researching a woman who may be Reka's aunt.  Note I said "may".  I am purely driven on a very strong gut feeling.  The biggest problem is I have no clue how to prove this theory.  I think I need to make a trip to Wisconsin so I can look at actual records.  Hmmm...  

So I am now exhausted, frustrated and not sure I can find my way out of this mess.  I am hoping I am right because if I'm not, I've totally effed up my tree. ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

4 February 2013