Day 247 (612)


Once again -- lost in time.

Another evening into night researching my family history.  Which means no REAL photos.  Today I was contacted by someone who's great grandfather is my great grandfather's brother.  This always gets me started trying to find a missing piece.  

Just a few minutes ago I found this passenger list for a ship that departed in Germany and arrived in New Orleans in February 1838. This one may be a stretch but I have seen this family name spelled so many different ways.  It is Aulwes but on the is record it kind of looks like Olvers.  But the first names and ages are exactly correct as is the arrival date and place of departure.  It is the very top record on the screen.

Of course I am using this as fact until I prove myself wrong.  I've searched for an Olvers family with those first names and have NOT found anyone to match.  My next step will be to find the German departure record for this ship.  That may be easier said than done. 

You can't see all of the record but it shows their baggage as "1 chest clothing, 1 Bed".  Amazing. 

Anyway...  ha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

Memento

14 October 2013