Day 209 (574)


One of the Cool Kids.

My 40 year class reunion was this past weekend.  Saturday night was the "official" party but on Friday night we had an "impromptu" get together at Turner Hall.  This freezer door was in the main entryway.  

While standing at one end of the mosaic tile my thought on this whole scene was -- "If I follow these tiles to the freezer door will I become one of the cool kids?"  Said more with a bit of ha-ha because after all it IS a freezer door.  (:

I guess I never really cared if my classmates thought I was cool or even noticed me at all.  I was who I was, not always happy with certain aspects of being me at times and not always accepting not being one of the "cool" kids but I think we all at some point in our lives want to be someone or something different than who/what we are.  I was extremely quiet (not necessarily shy), very unique and fairly smart.  I had good friends that were pretty cool just like me.  (:

The funny thing is for just a small moment this thought was serious. "What if I COULD be one of the cool kids?"  But very quickly I realized I AM a very cool person. ha! I'm a very talented, creative, strange and funny person. I have people who love me. I have an extremely unique job.  And I have this very strange blog.  I know all of those things make me VERY cool.  At least I think so and seriously -- isn't that all that matters?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scissors

27 February 2013