Day 138 (503)



Baseball Mom (one last time)

Quick comment about the photos. Two photos again. Another one below. I love baseball and I love night baseball.  Love the lights.  Love the stillness of no one on the field in this photo.  Love the line of lights in the one below.  Oh and I love baseball!  (:

Today I got to be a baseball mom one last time.  An alumni game of sorts was played tonight.  It was good to see all of the "boys" and even better to see Trent take the mound.  Even if he never plays ball again this was a huge night for him and for our family. 

Trent's last baseball game on July 24, 2011 ended while he was pitching and took a line drive to the side of the head.  He ended up in ICU and had surgery to repair a damaged blood vessel.  He has never played since that day.

Needless to say when he took the mound tonight my heart was pounding but 4 pitches later he struck out the first batter.  Not bad for not picking up a baseball for almost 3 years.

Tonight gave us some closure on his baseball career.  Much better than the last game he played in.  So very proud of him for having the courage to get out there again.

But I forgot how much I love this game!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hippie Potions and Lotions

14 October 2013

Memento